November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving with the Smiths


This year my family and I spent Thanksgiving holiday with an old friend of mine. About 17 years ago, I entered the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo, UT for my church. There, I met a wonderful individual who became one of my dearest friends. We lost contact for awhile, however, about four years ago E Smith and I were re-connected through Facebook.

We had a wonderful time hanging out with the Smiths. There were jokes, chit-chatting, questions to satisfy a curious mind, and of course lots of laughter.

At the dinner table, everyone had to express what they were thankful for. Everyone kept it short, simple and heartfelt. When it was my turn, I told them that I thankful to be able to spend this wonderful holiday with E and her family. And of course, I was also thankful for my little family.

Dinner was wonderful. E made one of the most delicious sweet potato side dish that I've ever tasted. I'll have to get the recipe from her and share it on this blog. My husband made a delicious corn casserole that we brought to the Thanksgiving dinner. In fact, it was so delicious that I had to share the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments and/or suggestions. I will certainly try to respond as quickly as I can :)